The Liebster Award

Thursday, April 21, 2016





I have been nominated!!


The Liebster award is an honor given by bloggers to new blogs that have been around for less than two years and have less than 200 followers.  It gives new bloggers the opportunity to connect and support the blogging community. Originally it was given out to blogs with less than 2000 followers, and then 1000 followers. As of 2016, due to gained popularity, the follower number has lessened to 200. Before I read the newly updated rules, I actually had already chosen to nominate a few awesome blogs, so I'm going to still nominate them and encourage them to find blogs that have less than 200 followers. Surely, there is a little give with this award, after all it's meant to support bloggers.

I am honored to have been nominated by Erika at The Moon and Little Hearts!  I am grateful that I was able to connect with her through this experience.  Please check out her blog it is full of toddler fun, yummy recipes, and tutorials.  

Why did you start your blog?
I started my blog as our scrapbook. A place where we record the events that shape our lives. A place where our children can have a visual memory of their childhood and we can remember our life situations, too. A place dedicated to watching God work in our lives.  

What is your favorite food?
I would say probably anything Mexican. Good ol' south Texas Mexican food. Yes, there is a difference in Mexican food based on where you live, but I can guarantee you that the best Mexican food is in south Texas. 

How do you like your coffee?
Hmmm. I don't like coffee. I would say that sweet tea is my coffee, and I like it extra sweet. 

What is your favorite television show?
I've got a few of those, but my current favorite is New Girl. The hubs and I have binge watched all of the previous seasons on Netflix, and are currently watching this season on FoxNow. We have to get caught up with the rest of what this world is laughing at now!!

What do you have way too many of (other than shoes :) )?
Pens. I'm obsessed with pens. I have every color, every brand, every type. I always feel like I have to have the newest pens. Weird, I know.

What word would you use to best describe yourself?
Ambitious. When I set my heart on something, I figure out a way to make it happen. All of the sweat, tears, and sleepless nights included.

What is your favorite scent?
I can't tell you the last time I purchased perfume. if you have any recommendations, please let me know. The only thing that I have that has any type of scent is lotion. My all time favorite lotion scent from Bath and Body Works was Brown Sugar and Fig...it was discontinued a long time ago. Yes, I'm still bitter about it. I must have been the only one who loved it so much.

 If you had free time what do you like to do?
Play tennis. I started playing about 3.5 years ago, then I got pregnant with my son. I played my first tournament when I was about 3 months pregnant and then stopped. With my luck, I would have fell and then had bigger problems.

What is a fun fact about yourself?
I'm a sweet tea snob! I love sweet tea. Not just any sweet. If it ain't sweet, don't call it sweet tea!

What is your favorite place to visit?
Well, I wish that I could say the grocery store, but I can't. I would be lying if I said that. We always look forward to visiting Concan, TX where we have our annual family reunion.

What is your favorite make-up line?
This is a bad question for me. I honestly can't say that I have favorite make-up line. I pretty much only wear a powder bronzer, eyeshadow, blush, mascara, and lip stick or lip gloss. 



Rules for the Liebster Award Nominees

  • Thank the blog that nominated you on a post in your blog.
  • Answer the questions asked by the blog that nominated you.
  • Nominate 5-11 other new bloggers.
  • Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
  • Notify all nominees via social media.


I am so excited to get to nominate the following blogs.  They are all amazing people who deserve a shout out! 


My Nominees:



My Questions
  1. What started your blog?
  2. How did you name your blog?
  3. What is the best advice you can give your fellow bloggers about how to get new followers?
  4. What is something people would be surprised to know about you?
  5. What has been your most popular blog post?
  6. What has your best vacation been to?
  7. What is your dream vacation?
  8. What is the last movie you watched?
  9. What is one of your favorite books?
  10. What advice would you give your 16 year old self?
  11. By this time next year, where do you hope to be? What do want to have accomplished?

Have fun ladies and I can't wait to read your answers!!


3 comments :

  1. New Girl is my FAVORITE!!! I die laughing every Tuesday night; it's the best! And I'm the same way when it comes to make-up--I don't wear it but maybe once a week. Ain't got time for that! Thank you so much for linking up my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad some else loves New Girl as much as I do! We die everytime we watch it too!

      Delete
  2. I finally completed this award! (Took me long enough...) Thank you SO much for the nomination! Check it out!

    https://theotherjohnsons.com/2016/05/17/the-liebster-award-round-2/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...